Thursday, January 7, 2010

INDIA!!!

Hey there everyone!

I thought this would be easier for me to do, rather than try to figure out everyone's email every time and/or Facebook. You can just click and come here! :)

Well, wow. What can I say......WE LEAVE TOMORROW! This is such an exciting time for us as a team. We have been having training since Monday night at Del Gray's (the Tabor professor that I'm co-leading with) house and then meeting at the Tabor campus as well. As I've mentioned to most of you, both Del and I are honored and excited to lead such an awesome team of Tabor students! These past few days have been such a huge anticipation builder for us that we just want to jump on the plane right now!! But.....we have to wait until tomorrow morning......and then a few more flights....and then we arrive at our destination on Sunday morning. :)

God has already been moving amongst our team, and that in and of itself PUMPS ME UP!!! To see God start moving hearts towards being more like Him and start building unity within our team, is so awesome!

Like I mentioned, we are leaving tomorrow morning (really early, 4 am) from Hillsboro, to catch our flight out of Wichita at around 7 am. Here is an overall view of our entire trip itinerary:

Fri 1/8
- leave from Wichita

Sun 1/10 - arrive in Shamshabad, orientation
Mon 1/11 - MBCBC classes and fight jet lag (= rest)
Tues 1/12 – Fri 1/15 - morning classes at MBCBC and evening presentations at churches
Sat 1/16 – Service project, rest, shopping, sightseeing in Hyderabad
Sun 1/17 – Visit churches

Mon 1/18 – Move to Jedcherla
Tues 1/19 – Sunday 1/24 living and working with church in Jedcherla
Tues 1/26 – Debrief, pack, prepare to leave

Tuesday 1/26 – Travel back to Hillsboro


Here are some specific things you can join with me in prayer for:
  • Team unity (that we may honor God with our relationships with each other)
  • Team dynamics (that we may see our differences and seek God's will in piecing them together)
  • Safety while traveling (we have a long flight schedule....so probably also patience) :)
  • Favor with custom agents (that we would trust in God for favor if confronted with any difficulties or issues)
  • Encounters with people at the airports (that we may have interactions with strangers in which they notice something different....and that Christ's light may shine through us)
THANK YOU for joining us in this adventure of following God's call to India! So many of you have played a crucial role in my life and for that, I'm forever grateful! I know that many people will be praying for us, and that my friends, is what being part of the family of God is all about!

Blessings to all of you!

In Christ Love,
Joanna

P.S. - I will probably be posting pictures and/or videos a bit......but I can't promise anything. :)
And I also don't really know how often I will post on here, but please check up daily! :)

1 comment:

  1. you RULE! praying for you, so watch your back ! ..or, don't.
    -breeeeaaaaanne

    ReplyDelete